Road Trip Day 17 - Mooresville, NC - Race City


Had a very good breakfast (Waffles, OJ, Coffee, Yogurt, etc.) at La Quinta Inn, Savannah. Checked out about 10:30 and began traveling north. Passed over the Talmadge Memorial Bridge into South Carolina.


Passed through South Carolina into North Carolina. It is so nice to be out of the rain! Went through Charlotte and started to look for a hotel. Mooresville, North Carolina, is known as "Race City" because it is home to Dale Earnhardt Jr. and many other NASCAR Teams.


All the businesses in town have banners such as "Welcome Race Fans!". I feel just a little bit out of place because I would probably not even recognize Kasey Kahne, Denny Hamlin, Jeff Gordon, or even guitar smashing Kyle Busch. I contemplate buying a NASCAR hat, but it seems a bit silly for one day.

Mooresville is modern, clean, and seems to have a lot of accommodations and restaurants. I get a room at the Ramada Limited Inn ($49.99 + tax using a coupon). I wanted to eat at the China Garden Buffet adjacent to the hotel, but it was closed due to a kitchen fire.

It was a nice stay except for the fact that my room was just opposite the noisy ice machine (I should have checked the Feng Shui before taking the room).