Road Trip Day 11 - A Muffuletta and a Long Drive



Walked to the Central Grocery about 9 am. Central Grocery is the acknowledged birthplace of the Muffuletta. It was quite good, and the staff at Central Grocery are friendly. I also bought some Cajun spices. Muffulettas are available in at least a half dozen New Orleans establishments.


I wanted to get some beignets for the road, but there was a huge queue (at least 75 people) at the to go window at Café du Monde.



I checked out of Harrah's. I had a great stay! I start driving east towards Disney World in Florida with no particular destination in mind. I stopped at the Alabama Welcome Center and pick up some hotel coupon books, and at the Florida Welcome Center for information and a free cup of Florida Orange Juice. I end up driving to Lake City, about 100 miles east of Tallahassee. I stay at the Rodeway Inn for $40 plus tax (using a walk-in coupon).




Not a terribly exciting day, except for my Muffuletta sandwich, but at least I made it to Florida. By the way, the crowd photo (above) at Café du Monde is a joke (the crowd was not really as bad as the photo).